Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Debenhams: Love To Give


Have you ever received a beauty present that you absolutely loved or loathed? I know I have! To be honest I do not remember receiving an awkward beauty present unless it's for the occasional unbranded eye shadow palette with only shimmer as pigmentation. *shudders* Rest, I've cherished forever and that's solely because I have always put ahead some good hints before time so my friends and family know that's exactly what I want. 

Being a beauty blogger, I'm usually rambling on about beauty, skincare and makeup to friends and family making the present buying task easier for them as they are well aware of my current wish-list, hah! Hence Chanel's and Urban Decay's I have been pleased to receive in the past. But, if you're not someone who is constantly rambling on about beauty, I can totally understand your friends and family being absolutely confused in the aisles of Superdrug and Selfridges alike. Go on give them a hint, everyone needs one, trust me. 

I cannot even imagine the number of generic and useless beauty presents showered onto the ladies this Valentines Day. Thankfully, I received something tech related which the guys always get right. First tip guys and girls, look at the pre-selected edit for the special occasion at any online beauty portal. There's always going to be a Valentine's Day or Mother's Day section that must have been carefully put together by a team of people who actually know what they are doing. Instead of racking your brains, simply select something from the occasion edit to stay safe. 

Also, it's important not to select beauty presents that are extremely specific to the persons skin tone and personal preference. If you do not know their eye shadow likings, please do not present to them an icy cold eye shadow palette with all shades of blues. Oh and if you do, your recipient will need the receipt I promise. Stick to lush fragrances and opulent gift sets which are impossible to go wrong with. Gift sets including a mascara and eye makeup remover may not appear to be extremely thoughtful or romantic but surely will be well used. 

Whilst growing up, I remember my dad on his visit to a beauty store at an airport got for my mum a foundation. Unfortunately she couldn't use it and it had to be binned. Why you ask? Well, when asked what shade my mum was, my dad replied 'Exactly the same as mine!' to the Sales Assistant. Turns out they were poles apart complexion wise but somehow he didn't manage to notice his wife of many years was much paler than him! That's men and beauty presents for you. 

Hence, if you love to give, either do your research well, depend on the pre-selected edit by beauty stores or simply stay safe with a fragrance gift set. Debenhams are planning to change the ritual of awkward beauty present giving by running a survey to know what women would actually like to receive. What's great is that you'll be entered into a prize draw to win £250 worth of Debenhams vouchers to spend. The results will be shared on their social media platforms, blog and online publications which should hopefully ensure the Christmas presents we receive this year are freaking fabulous! 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar