Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Peripera Lip Tint

11:11 by Taeyeon
Buying stuff from Yesstyle really opened my eyes to the world of Korean Beauty. Yes, I had dabbled before but, never to the lengths of anything more than lukewarm curiosity and mild intrigue but now: my new interest with Korean Cosmetics has taken over a pretty large chunk of my makeup brain. I dream of lip tints, fresh skin and dainty blushed cheeks. As of now, I have only a few products but, I'm sure - soon enough I'm gonna try some more - that's just the nature of makeup fever (don't blame me). 


If you haven't read my post about my first Yesstyle purchase - here it is. Basically, YesStyle is a company from Hong Kong that has anything from house stuff, clothing, beauty products, stationary etc. I believe they ship worldwide and spending over £28/$35 equals free shipping!  I believe they're legit as I've not had any problems and would recommend them. 

It took me a while to decide which Korean lip tint I wanted to buy (there are so many) and the Peripera range can be confusing as they constantly seem to update and expand their range: 
Peripera Original
Peripera Water Tint
Peripera Moist Tint
Peripera Velvet Tint
Peripera Airy Velvet
etc. 
Each range has their own shade names or numbers, their own finishes and if you're not careful you may start losing the will to ... scroll down through what seems like endless options. Of course, it's a plus side that there are so many different colours and textures available! Of course, I was boring and stuck with red as I really wanted to try out the difference between the textures (lame-o). I've added the pictures here so you can see how they advertise compared to how it looks on my dark skin - I'd say they translated well - no surprises.
Peripera Airy Ink Velvet in Sold Out Red - Official Lip Swatch Photo (source)
Peripera Ink Velvet in Love Sniper Red - Official Lip Swatch Photo (source)


Sold Out Red
Peripera Airy Ink Velvet in Sold Out Red
Very true to the airy name this product is supremely lightweight with a silky texture. It provides a flattering, bold yet soft wash of color, that when wiped off only gently hints the lips. Due to its lightweight texture, I feel that the moisture and comfort of this lip tint is lacking. Thus, when removed the resulting dryness is evident (third picture).

Love Sniper Red (whoops at the typo - Ink Velvet not "In")
Peripera Ink Velvet in Love Sniper Red
Strong pigmentation coupled with a liquefied lipstick feel and texture gives this product both comfort and impact. Not as silky as Airy Velvet, it's still smooth and lightweight in its own right but, in a very creamy mousse-like way. When removed the product not only stains the lips but, leaves them able to fend off looking and feeling uncomfortably dry.


Which is better? It totally depends on your preference. If you're after a hint of colour and don't want a heavy staining product go with Airy Velvet. If you have dry lips or you want something with a strong colour and tint then go with Ink Velvet.

What do you prefer? I like both. I bought them to try out the formula and wasn't really expecting to like them both so much but, if you're really going to twist my arm I'd say Ink Velvet - the results speak for themselves.

Would you repurchase and do you recommend it? Yes and yep.



Have you tried any Korean Cosmetics?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated! 
Keep Well
:O)


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar