Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

How to stop getting bumps in ponytails forever!



You know how it is. Your hair is not super fresh and you want to pull it into a ponytail, a high one. You try ten times but you keep getting a bumpy result, with almost cornrow-like bands of hair, or bumps at the back, or in the front.

Let me give you my tips on how to stay calm and what you can do to get a sleek ponytail. I listed my tips from most important to least important.

1. Straighten before ponytail

I you get bumps, you might want to straighten your hair better before doing a ponytail. Lift the top part of your hair and see for yourself. Night sweats, cramping, summer sweats, fevers, can all cause sweating at the scalps and so a bumpy mess underneath your seemingly straight hair.

Straighten all the different layers of your hair, but focus on the part that lays on top of your scalp, as this gets straightened the least, but needs most of the work.

Straightening has 3 advantages: your hair texture is smoother, which helps the elastic glide over it without busting it and scrunching it up. Secondly, it makes hair flat and less bumpy already, so any bumps that were there before can now not appear anymore. Thirdly, it makes all locks a bit longer, leading to less chance of scrunching up any locks while tying up the longest ones. Maybe even fourthly I could say, your hair will look better anyway when you prepper it with the straightener! For me personally it's enough to straighten, and I would get very bumpy akward ponytails otherwise! I then curl my ends with my straightener and it just looks gorgeous. I don't really need to use my other tips after this.

2. Grow out your hair

With less short locks, hair won't get stuck and balled up so easily once tugging the elastic onto your head.

3. Make hair softer

Ponytails look softest and least bumpiest right after washing and straightening. Avoid brittle hair products and rinse with soft water. Wash your hair every two days if you don't want any oils to give your hair the texture that causes bumps.

4. Use softer scrunchies

An elastic is tights and will grab around the hair and will push any lock up at the smallest signs of friction, so consider satin, silk or velvet hair scrunchies, that are all the rage now and the bigger the better. Try them in romantic pastel colors or classic black or cream for a romantic effect.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar