Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Recent Picks: MAC Shop Mac, Cook Mac Collection for Spring 2012


Happy Friday!  ^_^  Today I'd share with you my recent picks from MAC.  Now, I'm not usually a huge fan of MAC, but I have bought some items from them and only since last year.  What I have liked from this brand most so far are their blushes.  However, this time round, I got really excited over their Shop Mac, Cook Mac Collection for spring 2012 and bought quite a few!  The wonderful, bright colours and the packaging are what drew me (plus all the rave reviews particularly with their eye shadow quads).  I'd never heard of their 'Tendertone Lip Blam SPF 12" before, but everyone has said they're a must-have that MAC only just re-promoted after a few years apparently.  So quite a wait for MAC fans.  I picked one of them just to try and see what the fuss was all about. :)  Even though it's in a pot, you really have no choice due to the thick formulation, so I think I will have on hand a retractable lip brush to use with it when I'm on the go for hygienic reasons.

So here's what I bought:

  • MAC Lustre Lipstick in 'Dish It Up': coz I'm a sucker for any lipstick with a bit of purple in it.
  • MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in 'Watch Me Simmer': a popular shade - excited to add this to my collection of bright lipsticks for spring/summer.
  • MAC Tendertone Lip Balm SPF 12 in 'Hot 'N' Saucy'
  • MAC Eyeshadow x 4 in 'Call Me Bubbles': A hit with all the MAC fans out there and the shade combination is certainly something I don't have.  I think it will be fun to play with and suspect it's more wearable than it seems.  Looking forward to trying this out.
  • MAC Eyeshadow x 4 in 'Shop & Drop': I wasn't going to purchase this one until I swatched the frosted grey mauve shade called 'Hypnotizing' (quite an apt name since that's exactly the state it sent  me to!  Forever staring at how cool it was when I swatched it).  I knew I just had to grab it before it was gone.

The gorgeous, brightly coloured packaging slides off to reveal the usual MAC packaging.  The colours really make me happy.  I love it, I think it's really fun! :D
Top (L - R): Eyeshadow x 4 in 'Shop & Drop', Eyeshadow x 4 in 'Call Me Bubbles', and Cremeblend Blush in 'Florida'.
Bottom (L - R): Tendertone Lip Balm SPF 12 in 'Hot 'N' Saucy', Lustre Lipstick in 'Dish It Up', and Amplified Creme Lipstick in 'Watch me Simmer'.

I may post swatches and a review of some if not all of these items as I've had a play with them, but I'm sure you can find lots of swatches and reviews out there already (e.g. Temptalia.com)! I think the main thing is to try them out at the counter. Most of them have excellent pigmentation and you can easily build the intensity and wear it to your liking. A little goes a long way with the Cremeblend Blushes for example. The Tendertones, on the other hand, are mainly close to clear despite their appearances in the pots. So choose what colours you like and just have fun!

Hurry though, because a few of the items are already sold out! (These have been out in Myer for couple of weeks I think and a week in David Jones already - with items fast going! Otherwise, try MAC online).

As the collection suggests, this collection certainly made me shop and drop! Lots to choose from. Overall, this is a great collection if you love colour.

Hope this was useful/interesting.  Thanks for reading! xo



Have you picked up anything from this collection?

Or, let me know if you want swatches and a review
of any of the items I purchased from this collection and I'll do my best to!

Let me know in a comment below! ^_^



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar