Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Les Twin-Sets De Chanel For Fashion's Night Out

Hi all!  Long time no blog! :-(  I hope you've all been well. ^_^

I thought I'd share with you the items I picked from Chanel's exclusive collection for this year's Fashion's Night Out (September 6): Les Twin-Sets De Chanel.  I know it's a bit late, but better now than never (sorry, a lot of things have popped up recently, just when I thought I had more time! /:-\).  I think you may still be able to get a hold of it if they're still in stock in your local Chanel boutique or Chanel Makeup Studio.  If you're in the US, a few of the items are still available online.  However, I have noticed that the nail polish set released during last year's FNO were released a few months later on at all Chanel counters not just the boutiques and makeup studios, and...they are still available at my local counter!  I'm guessing this is still left over stock. /:-\  The same thing might happen for this year's collection.  Just a thought. ;-)



LES TWIN-SETS DE CHANEL
____________________________________________________________________________
"The limited-edition colour collection celebrates fashion’s most exceptional evening with three chic duos for lips and nails."

I picked up all three nail polishes and the two darker lipstick shades.  :-)  Unfortunately, I couldn't see the items in person before purchasing and they were no swatches available online at the time, so I decided to do without the lightest shade in beige called LA DÉLICATE in case it didn't suit my skin medium-to-tan olive skin tone.  Finding the right "nude" shade can be quite tricky and I didn't want to splurge on it and find it wasn't the right shade for me personally.  Most beige toned nude lipsticks tend to wash me out.



TWIN-SET 1
"Refined expression of beige to play on the natural side of sophistication"
____________________________________________________________________________

Nail Colour in DÉLICATESSE

"This elegant shade of beige offers a stroke of sophistication for nails in a long-wearing, high-shine lacquer."
This shade is actually more of a rose brown or warm brick brown.  For some reason, I've been loving "nude" nail colours lately (surprisingly coming from a person who adores colour)!  Not a boring shade at all.  Needless to say, I know I will be wearing this a lot.

Rouge Allure Velvet in LA DÉLICATE

"This sophisticated shade of beige offers a refined, natural accent for lips in a luminous velvet matte finish."



TWIN-SET 2
"Unique autumn plum harmony"
____________________________________________________________________________

Nail Colour in PROVOCATION

"A deep, rich plum offers an elegant accent for a refined, resolutely stylish nail look."
Gorgeous!  I think it's particularly flattering against olive skin tones or those with yellow undertones as it brightens the complexion.

Rouge Allure Velvet in LA PROVOCANTE

A matching deep, rich plum shade that's very on-trend this season - love this and I personally find it quite wearable (of course, I may have become a bit more adventurous with my lipstick colour range over the years!). :)  At least compared with the new 'Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour' in 'Rouge Noir' (a black red shade introduced to the permanent range), it's quite wearable! Hehe... :P  (FYI, I have purchased that one as well recently - that's how daring (or perhaps, silly?) I've become, but I haven't worn it out yet!  It'd have to be a "special" occasion...possibly where and when folks might not find it too shocking. ;-) )





TWIN-SET 3

"Intense pink with a burst of energy"
____________________________________________________________________________

Nail Colour in INFIDÈLE

"An intense, energetic pink dresses the fingertips in brilliantly bold colour for an effortlessly feminine effect."
This shade probably only *just* tops my other favourite 'Provocation'.  Initially, I thought this might be a little pedestrian, but to my surprise, I think it's a beautiful berry pink.  It's a unique shade in my collection.  There's not too much berry in it that might make it lean towards vampy.  It has just enough pop of pink to make it wearable for every day wear, any time of year really.  It's extremely flattering against my olive skin tone (for reference I'm about an NC30-35).  Absolutely love this! ^_^

Rouge Allure Velvet in L’INFIDÈLE

"Energetic pink adorns the lips in modern, intensely feminine colour and a luminous velvet matte finish." - Also, love this. :-)





ROUGE ALLURE VELVET - THE PACKAGING

____________________________________________________________________________

Consistent with the other Rouge Allure lipstick range, Luminous Intense and its predecesor, the Rouge Allure Velvet comes in the usual Chanel black lacquer squarish cover (essentially, the lid of the lipstick), and the product itself is housed in a gold tube.  Hopefully, you can just see in the photo below, it is revealed with the Chanel double 'C's logo. Overall, it has a very sleek, classic look and probably the most interesting thing about it is its opening and closing mechanism (press & de-press). You can release the gold tube from the black lid, by de-pressing the gold top with the double 'C' logo on it, and this pops up as shown in the photo below. You can then pull this gold container out to reveal the lipstick. To close, you just put the lipstick back in and press the gold tube all the way into the black lid until it clicks back in.  Love the packaging.  Definitely feels special every time you pull it out of your handbag to reapply!





SWATCHES

____________________________________________________________________________

On the skin against olive medium-to-tan skin tone (~NC30-35).  Photographed indoors under artificial lighting and using a strobe.




ON THE LIPS

____________________________________________________________________________

I have naturally blue-based pigmented lips (particularly on my upper lip).  Both shades provide pretty good coverage.  The darkest shade 'La Provocante' appeared brighter when applied than it appears in the tube, however, I'm sure you can build the intensity with more layers.  I would recommend you make sure your lips are well moisturised using a lip balm or whatever before applying as the depth of colour can accentuate any lines and wrinkles you may have.  Unfortunately, my lips were extremely dry after trying on so many lipsticks at the time I took photographs (and naughty me, didn't use a more gentle makeup remover in between!  Sorry! /:-\ ).  Alternatively, if you love the colour and can do without the velvet finish, then add a bit of gloss on top to 'soften' the whole look!

I like the formulation as it's fairly long-lasting and does have a comfortable, lightweight, velvety feel.  The finish is fairly matte, but at certain angles and lighting gives off the slight hint of luminosity or a glow.  Chanel's modern take on 'matte'.  I think it's lovely.

Above: 'L'Infidèle'.
Above: 'La Provocante'.


LE VERNIS

NAIL COLOUR
____________________________________________________________________________

From left to right below: Provocation, Infidèle and Délicatesse. I found the formulation of all three shades to be very good - all applies quite easily - smooth and even. With 'Provocation' for instance, it wore for 4 days before it started to chip at the tips of the nails, which is not bad. You could get away with wearing it in one coat, but I used two in order to achieve more of that beautiful depth.

Swatches in the links down below... :-)




AVAILABILITY
____________________________________________________________________________

Limited and exclusive to Chanel boutiques, official Chanel website and Chanel Makeup Studios.




OVERALL
____________________________________________________________________________


My favourites are the pink and plum twin-sets. :)  If I had to pick between the two nail colours then I would say 'Infidèle' ('Provocation' is very close!).  If I had to pick between the two lipstick shades, then I would choose 'L'Infidèle', particularly since I would get the most wear out of it (been wearing this a lot lately!).  My regular readers ('Hello!!! Missed you guys!!!" ^_^  Hope you still visit me!), would know I'm a sucker for pink!  ;-)  This one is the perfect berry pink in my book.  If you wanna go for the current trend, pick 'La Provocante', it's still quite stunning to me.  So...I guess that makes the pink twin-set the overall winner.  No sittin' on the fence here.  Woohoo!
   
Hope this helps!


Thanks for stopping by. ^_^ xo


You might also like...

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar